čtvrtek 24. ledna 2013

The song sing



It’s freezing and I’m thinking of all the moments when I looked forward to something. 

Like when we were looking forward to finally finishing high school and thought the world was going to turn into one big party full of freedom. Like when that boy I had loved came to my door and knocked. Like when I finished a university degree. Like when I moved to Sweden. 

“Expectations never got me anywhere in my life” 

All those moments of success were followed by bitter disappointment. It might be that the most precious moments are in fact those when you look forward to something. The journey is the goal. 

Last year, in January, you played in Malmö and it was also freezing, I remember. But it didn’t matter. And when we were standing there waiting for your concert, when we were singing along with you, when we were dancing in the crowd afterwards, I remember thinking again “Something’s about to begin!“ 

And looking back it was true but that night was actually already the climax. A little concert in a club full of strangers, with insanely expensive beer that didn’t taste good, with really good songs playing until the late hours, with you walking through the crowd, drinking beer and talking to people. 

And it made me live. 

Only seven months after we achieved what we had been dreaming of for several years. We moved to Sweden. We came to Malmö with all the luggage and we waited for a taxi that didn’t come. Exhausted and a bit angry we looked at the internet and that was the moment when we found out your cancer was back.
Like a punch in the face. Like falling into cold water in today’s weather. Like somebody took away everything you had believed in.  One big dream that came true. One cold fact that took away the joy.
I cannot even imagine how hard this must have been for you. 

It hurts so much to read your blog. For that moment everything stops and all I see are the images you create with words. Your family. Your dream child. Birds. Love and pain. The bitterness that came with the worst betrayal life brought to you. Deep serious thoughts. Worries. Hope. Resignation. Anger. 

The precious moments when you live for something that is about to come. The disappointment that is often waiting there. Good things forever followed by the bad ones. The eternal fight. 

Fight.


Katerina

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat